Meal plan for April 21-27th

To my Christian and secular friends -  Happy Easter!

To everyone else, happy "Zombie and candy day" as my Jewish friend Elaina calls it.  HA!

Spring is here, and it can't be denied.  The peas I planted in February are finally growing (sheesh), the trees are blooming, and the birds are chirping at 5 am every morning.

 This time of year is so full of hope and beauty, that some times I feel like my heart can't handle it all.

Our three year old mini drawf Akane apple tree is blooming right now.  I just want to sit next to it and smile all day.  Except there is supposed to be a lot of rain this week, so I probably won't be smiling the whole time.  Maybe one smile and then inside to drink some tea?

My seedlings are coming along nicely and need to be up-potted again.  I planted my squash and cucumbers way too early, but ain't no thang like a chicken wing.  I don't even know why I said that.  Do you?  I think the pollen in the air has inserted itself in to my brain.

The boys were having an epic Nerf war yesterday.  Battlefield: livingroom.  The couch was pulled away from the wall for Troy's bunker...

...and the cushions were propped in the hallway for Jack's bunker.

My purse was in No Man's land.  I shall miss that purse; it's been foamed darted to death.

I spent last night working on the goodie bags for Jack's birthday party next weekend.  Jack chose a Seahawks theme, and so I'm making cloth ziplocs with Seahawaks fabric.  I made a beautiful protype, only to realize that I used two of the same sides of velcro on the same bag...both the soft sides and none of the gripper stuff.  So that was absolutely fabulous!  I am making 14 bags because I have no idea how many kids are coming to the party since no one in our families actually will RSVP to parties.

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners.  My breakfast of choice has changed, and I'm now obsessed with homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top.  It's delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Frittata and fruit.  the chickens are cranking out the eggs at the rate of 4-6 per day, and I'm sitting on four dozen in my fridge right now.

Tuesday:: Balls.  We're putting them in our mouths.  A few months ago I found a recipe for spicy Asian meatballs and they are a favorite around here.  I need to share the recipe soon.  Pairing it with grilled asparagus, and sesame noodles.

Wednesday:: Some more of Nom Nom Paleo's Kaula Pig that was saved in the freezer, artichokes, and fruit.

Thursday:: My in-laws are feeding us.  Yay!!

Friday:: Popcorn and movie night.  Yay!!

Saturday:: Jack's 5th birthday party.  It's at 1 pm, but tradition calls for us to go out to dinner afterwards.

Sunday:: Dinner at my parent's.  As always, they provide the main dish, and we all provide the sides and dessert.  I'm not going to be creative...I'll bring whatever is left over from Jack's birthday.

Getting ready for Jack's party made me KILL my grocery budget.  Oh well, he only has a birthday party once a year, right?  I spent a whopping $101 at Costco, $24 at Trader Joes, $37 at Fred Meyer, $16 at our local butcher, and $14.50 at our local farm for raw milk and local honey.

What are you having this week?

Labels: